a few days ago a colleague of mine Filip Sneppe, who has great expertise in Netapp solutions, sent me a link to “PoshOnTap” asking me if we already had any experience with this product in any of our Netapp environments. Unfortunately, we did not. At that point – especially because I am a lazy admin and dislike repetitive manual tasks – I got an overwhelming feeling of curiosity and plunged myself into the product.
These were the products he pointed me to:
- PowerShell ONTAP (2008) (Outdated): http://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-1581
- PoshOnTap (Powershell API wrapper): http://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-2111
I will be writing a few blogs on the last item in the list: PoshOnTap.
More details on PoshOntap:
- PoshOnTap was created by glenn.sizemore.
- The first publication of his product can be located here.
- Version 1.1 of this module can be located here.